Thursday, August 28, 2014

Makeup Revolution Review: Iconic 3 palette, Vivid Baked Highlighter & Focus&Fix Eye primer

After a long looooooong time, I'm back with a review! I know I haven't done one in months and months, but I'll get back again to it with the beauty stuffs along with my outfit of the day posts!

I was sent a little pack with 3 products from Makeup Revolution, a brand very new to me (well, it's kinda new to everyone) and I got to try them out during the summer.

Starting off with the product I like the least, the Focus & Fix Eye Primer in Original. It's difficult for the best Primer ever made by NARS to get shipped here and I hadn't found a great primer for a long time (up until a couple weeks ago that I got my Radiant one). When I got to try it out, I didn't expect too much, considering Makeup Revolution is a really inexpensive brand after all.



The primer comes in a black tube with a doe foot applicator, pretty standard if you ask me. The actual product itself has a somewhat runny cosistency and a nudish colour that when you apply it on your eyelid becomes transparent. It was rather absorbed by my eyelids and it left a smooth film on them. Now, I should say that I am lucky and my eyelids are not that oily. However, it is summer. In Greece. That makes it very difficult for any kind of makeup product to stay on my face.

I tried different brands of eyeshadow and they stayed on for 4-5 tops without creasing. I don't really enjoy having lines on my eyes instead of actual eyeshadow, so it got a no from me. However, I have to say that it had the most staying power from any other lower-end eye primers I have tried so far.

The Iconic 3 eyeshadow palette is the one thing I really wanted to try out. It's got 12 eyeshadows in rose and rose gold hues mostly and I've seen many reviews saying is the more inexpensive dupe of the Urban Decay Naked 3. I don't own the Naked 3, so I can't really make the comparison. The eyeshadows are a little bit on the chalkier side and the pigmentation of some of them (the lighter and matter the shade) is non existent. However, the shades that are shimmery (and most of them are) have a great pigmentation and while using a great primer should last you all day.



The third product I tried, and my favourite of all, is the Vivid Baked Highlighter in Pink Lights. I have an obsession with highlighters and for some time now I wanted to get a pink one with blue undertones. And this one is exactly that. The shimmer is miniscule, but you can have the disco ball look in no time if you're not careful. I really really like the bluish tone that gives my cheekbones, but I wouldn't say it has any pink to it, so I wear a blush as well.



I really think Makeup Revolution is a brand worth considering, especially for the prices. The Eye Primer costs £2.50, the Iconic 3 palette £4.00 and the Vivid Baked Highlighters £3.00. I want to try out more products from them!

1 comment :

  1. You can add one of several natural ingredients to bathwater to soothe your skin. satta king

    satta king

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...