Friday, July 5, 2013

Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner

I was MIA for these past weeks and probably I'll be almost gone from the blog for the rest of the summer, meaning not many reviews and ootds for now. However, I wanted to do a quick review of my favourite skincare product of the last months, because I got a lot of questions after I posted this pic of it on Instagram.



I have changed my routine completely and I'm really happy about how my skins looks like right now. Having said that, I don't do manual exfoliation any more and converted to Alpha Hydroxy Acids for everyday use. I wish I had known earlier (and better).

After experimenting with Dermalogica's Gentle Cream Exfoliant, I went over to check out REN's Glycolactic Skin Renewal mask and Clarifying Toning Lotion and finally went to Liquid Gold. Liquid Gold was a little too much for my skin, but I was still on the market for an exfoliating toner. Sadly, in Greece neither Biologique Recherche P50 or Pixi is available, so the next best thing was Clarins.

Clarins Gentle Exfoliator comes in a 125 ml bottle. It has a watery texture and doesn't smell like anything to me and I don't feel any tingling sensation (maybe except for the first use) or my skin dry/tight. It uses glycolic, salicylic and tartaric acid from tamarind, that is what exfoliates the surface of your skin. It costs around 36 euro in Greece (ouchie), but will last you 2-3 months with everyday use.

For me, it's the best exfolianting toner I have used. Even though I really like my Apivita exfoliator with olive (very very nice), it was harsh and  like any other exfoliant of the such. REN toner might be a little too mild for me, but excellent stuff without a doubt. My pores on and around my nose are not so visible anymore and I don't have that many blackheads/whiteheads. The general description for my skin is: brighter, plumper, healthier.

I use it day and night after my cleanse (or double cleanse and Tanaka massage at night). I pour some on a cotton pad and lightly go all over my face, including my eyelids. Right after, I either use Thayer's rose water, Caudalie Beauty Elixir or Darphin Intral toner. I tend to use Beauty Elixir a little more these days, my exams are killing me.

Extra info
Always, ALWAYS use SPF when using AHAs. ALWAYS.
Toner is not meant to take your makeup off, it's a part of your skincare.
Products will just do some complimentary work. Your lifestyle and consumption habits are more vital.
There's a 35% off going right now in beauty stores in Greece. Use the deal wisely.


Maybe I'll do a June favourites post, but as I'm too busy now and next week I'll go on holiday, it might be a little delayed. I hope you're having a fantastic July (seriously, where has the time gone?) and I'll se you in a few days!





3 comments :

  1. χρήσιμο ποστ!η P50 είναι διαθέσιμη κι εδω! εχουν κ site, μπορεις να βρεις πληροφοριες εκει

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. θα το τσεκάρω! thank youuuuuu

      Delete
  2. lovely
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...